Wednesday, November 24, 2010

gift idea for your holiday host

I plan to bring my holiday hosts a personalized treat. I've delivered one already
and wanted to share it with you because it's easy to make and lasts long after
your visit.

Here is a picture of one that I made for the Spencer family.



Since it's still early in the season, I didn't have quite the selection of plants
that I was hoping for. I plan to use a rosemary tree or paperwhites for my next one.

How to:


I used fabric from Ikea and chose patterns with red, white, beige and blue.
It's not your traditional Christmas fabric but I felt like each of them had
a winter feel.

Cut the fabric in a square (don't forget to measure the size first).

My craft assistant (Mr. Hare) had to hold the fabric for me while I wrapped it
in twine. You can also try using raffia or miniature clothespins to fasten the fabric
around the bottom of the plant. I recommend leaving the original pot and wrap
under the fabric to prevent the plant from leaking when watered.

Finally, I found metallic letters from the dollar store to personalize each one.
Attach to a little card or parcel label.

Ta-Da!